Music Theory Assessment Exam
The exam contains the following questions:
- Identifying pitches in treble and bass clef.
- Completing measures in various meters already containing given note values or rests, by adding appropriate notes values or rests (e.g. a measure in 4/4 is given, already containing a dotted quarter note - one possible answer would be to complete the measure by adding an eighth note and a half note).
- Identifying the major and minor keys corresponding to a given key signature.
- Writing major or minor scales (including natural, harmonic and melodic forms), using either accidentals or a key signature.
- Writing chords, given a key and a roman numeral harmonic function (e.g. Write V6 in G major).