Develop Your Credit for Prior Learning Toolkit: A Collaborative Hands-on Workshop
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) continues as a system priority and participants will continue to build on CPL learning and the different methods of approach. Now is the time to apply the learning to a specific course or competency within a program. This hands on collaborative workshop will have you applying a variety of tools or approaches to a specific course or content within a course. Workgroups with faculty member facilitators who have created CPL materials will give faculty opportunity to collaborate, share, learn, see, and create.
Date: Friday, October 3, 2014
Time: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Rochester, MN
- 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. Overview, recap of previous workshops
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. Panel presentation
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:00 – 12:30 p.m. Working Session 1
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Working Session 2
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. Wrap up and next steps – learning that occurred and takeways
- Understand the significance and value of Credit for Prior Learning to the adult learner
- What is Credit for Prior Learning and what are the options
- Why is this important
- Understand common standards to follow when doing Credit for Prior Learning
- What is quality and rigor
- Talking points of standards
- Meeting accreditation requirements
- Identify multiple tools that can be used to develop Credit for Prior Learning
- Develop collaborative relationships among institutions and identify resources related to Credit for Prior Learning
- Apply Credit for Prior Learning concepts and begin to create course specific learner assessment content.
Lunch and refreshments are included with your registration fee (TBA). .525 CEU is available on request to registered participants when checking in at the workshop. Registration deadline is Thursday, September 25, 2014
Register now for Develop Your Credit for Prior Learning Toolkit.
Third Party Registration and Payment
To register and arrange third party payment (so that your institution will be invoiced), send an email requesting third party registration and payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the name of your institution in the email, and the workshop title in the subject line of the email.