August 15 - 18, 2015
The Warrior Expeditions is a three-day outdoor pre-orientation program designed to welcome students to Winona State and the region. This is a unique and incredible opportunity for students to make strong, lasting connections with other incoming students, spend a few days in the beautiful Mississippi River Valley and meet upper-class leaders, who can provide insights to help the first year experience be a success.
In addition, this is a great way to learn about the amazing outdoor activities within the Winona area, and simply have fun while earning a credit before school officially begins.
This program focuses on leadership and communication skills, which are essential for success during your time at Winona State University and beyond.
A few of the activities students can expect to participate in are camping, rock climbing, hiking, and paddling. There will also be challenge courses provided for those who feel they have the skill.
Warrior Expedition Perks
- Move in early ahead of the rest of campus
- Start meeting new friends before classes even start
- Explore the outdoor resources Winona has to offer
- Try your hand at some outdoor recreation activities that will be available to you during your time at WSU
- Earn a credit before the semester begins!
Benefits of Outdoor Orientation Programs
Studies show participants:
- Have a much higher first year retention rate
- Have increased first year success
- Build solid peer relationships
In addition, students get to learn first hand the many outdoor recreation activities which make the Winona area so unique, move in early, and earn a credit before classes officially begin!