Online Scholarship Application
Winona State has pioneered an online scholarship application for the 2010-2011 academic year. This online application is designed to help minimize the number of applications that you as the student typically fill out into one simplified version. We have fostered the desire of “Staying Green” by choosing to eliminate our paper waste with this online scholarship process. As you complete the application and submit it, it will automatically match you to scholarships that you meet the criteria for. The scholarships take into account the following criteria:
- Academic achievement and GPA
- Specific majors and/or minors
- Academic year
- Unity and diversity
- Financial need (as determined by the Financial Aid Office)
- Community service and involvement
- Extracurricular activities and clubs
Important Scholarship Dates:
The 2010-2011 scholarship application deadline is January 2011 (specific date to be determined).
- Have your Warrior ID number available.
- You have 45 minutes to complete each page of the application.
- You do not have to complete this application in one sitting.
- Your information will be saved every time you navigate to another page of the application using the Save and Continue button.
- If you want to return to complete your application at a later date, click Save and Continue before logging out.
- You will not be able to submit an application after the due date.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it to make changes.
- Carefully read the essay questions to ensure that they apply to you. Each essay question has an excerpt about the candidate eligible.
- We strongly suggest completing a FAFSA form before submitting your online application. Many of the scholarships consider financial need and require the submission of the FAFSA.
- Please keep in mind that simply applying for these scholarships does not ensure that you will be chosen as a final recipient.
We wish you luck on your application process! If you are chosen as a recipient, you will be notified in late March 2010.
Click here to access the online scholarship application system.