Careers & Internships
A Master’s Program Designed With You In Mind
- Master’s degrees are often for upward mobility in a profession
- Master’s degrees are often required for job-security in their current place of employment
- Master’s degrees are often required for entry into a profession
- Master’s degree holders earn more than those with a BS
- Work-learn-earn your way to your PSM with WSU
This is One Part of the Job Market That Isn’t Shrinking
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, careers in management, scientific and technical services are currently on the rise and will continue to rise in the future.
Data from the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development suggests that careers in management such as financial managers, medical/health services managers and architectural/engineering managers can yield a median salary from around $70,000-$100,000.
Earning a Professional Science Master’s from Winona State University can help guide you to a career in:
- Computational Chemistry
- Forensic Science
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Physics with Business Applications
- Quantitative Finance
Some companies that have hired PSM graduates include:
- Conservation Biology Institute
- Mayo Clinic
- MODIS Rapid Response Team, NASA
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
More information on example PSM careers can be found on the Science Masters Official website.
InternshipsTake Your Education To The Next Level
An internship is a great way to take classroom material and apply it to the real world. In addition to gaining real-world experience in the field, internship allow students a chance to further their education while furthering their career.
Ready To Get Started On Your Internship/Research Experience?
Contact the PSM department at email@example.com for more information.