Fall Semester 2012 Registration Information
Registration for Fall 2012 begins Monday, April 9.
Reminders and helpful hints:
- If required, contact your advisor for your Fall 2012 Access Code. You do not have to wait until your window opens to enter your Access Code or set up your “shopping cart.”
- Check your holds. Students can check their holds on either the MnSCU or WSU student portals. Note that the course cart does not update after you have cleared holds. You will need to remove courses from the cart and re-add them to remove the hold from the course after you have cleared it.
- Additional information on Holds/Registration Edits as well as contacts for clearing these barriers to registration are available within our FAQ.
- If you received an email regarding necessary immunizations from Health Services (507-457-5160), please contact them as soon as possible. Registration will be blocked for students not meeting State of Minnesota immunization requirements.
- During initial registration for the week of April 9-13, registration is limited to 16 credits. This restriction will be lifted and the 19 credit limit restored at 4:00 P.M., Friday, April 13.
- Students cannot register for two sections of the same course at the same time. If you are prevented from legitimately registering for multiple sections of the same course, please contact the Registrar’s Office (507-457-2800).
- Save time by setting up your registration “COURSE cart” ahead of time. Make sure to have alternatives in case courses are full.
- Please verify your grade method when you register. Your grade method should be either graded (Code 01) or pass/no credit (Code 04). Please check with your advisor if you have questions about whether you can or should choose an alternate grade method.
- The registration default term is set for Fall 2012. If you are having problems, please check to make sure that you are in the correct term.
- Once you have registered, check your DARS report to insure your courses meet the requirements you intended. If you have questions, please contact the Warrior Hub at 507.457.2800.
Basic Tools: Online registration requires your Access Code and your Warrior ID and PIN. The Access Code only needs to be entered once for the term. Your ID and PIN is required each online registration session. If you do not remember your ID or PIN please use the FORGOT ID or FORGOT PASSWORD link on the MnSCU Student eServices page.
Pre-requisite information for Fall 2012:
Students are responsible for knowing whether a course has a pre-requisite or course requirement. Check online or catalog course descriptions for pre-requisites and course requirements before you register for courses. The registration system does not always display or block registration for defined course requirements or pre-requisites. Faculty and departments can and will drop students who do not meet pre-requisites and course requirements.
Pre-requisites are being enforced in the Registration System for many courses. If you are blocked from registering by a pre-requisite deficiency and you think it is in error (e.g., the pre-requisite course is listed as a transfer course on your DARS report), please contact the Warrior Hub for assistance.
Situations that will not meet pre-requisite requirements:
- Courses with In-Progress (IP) grades.
- Courses with Incomplete (I) grades.
- Courses with F or NC grades.
- Courses taken for Audit (AU).
- Students currently taking a pre-requisite course at another institution.
- Transfer students whose transcript work was not recorded in the student data system.
Friday, August 31, 2012: Important Things to Remember Next Fall
- Friday, August 31, 2012 is the last day to arrange payment for Fall 2012 tuition and fees. Students who have not paid or made payment arrangements with the Student Accounts office by Friday, August 31 will be dropped from all their courses. Students in student housing and those receiving financial aid are considered to have made payment arrangements. (NOTE: Students being dropped for non-payment need to return their laptop as soon as possible to avoid additional charges.)
- Friday, August 31, 2012 is the last day to drop a course with a full refund and have it removed from your academic record. AFTER FRIDAY, August 31, payment will be required and the course(S) will remain on your record – even if you do not attend. (NOTE: Students dropping all their courses need to return their laptop as soon as possible to avoid additional charges.)
- Friday, August 31, 2012 is the last day to add full-term courses online. (Students will still be able to add most late and mid-term courses online.) After Friday, August 31, permission of instructor (blue card) will be required for all late registration. After Friday, January 20th, 2012, dean’s permission will be required for any late registration.
Other important dates are available for review on our Academic Calendar. Simply select "Fall 2012" on our WSU Calendars page.
- Friday, August 31, 2012 is the last day to return textbooks to the WSU Bookstore for a full refund. Students must have their receipt and the material needs to be in the same condition as when it was purchased. All textbooks sales after Friday will be considered final.