WSU-Rochester Student E-Newsletter
Fall Student Life ActivitiesFor more information, check out the Winona State University-Rochester bulletin board across from the RCTC Cashier’s Office or stop by WSU-R Student & Campus Services Office, SS 128, to get your tickets.
Ongoing: FREE Movie Tickets for the Paragon Chateau 14 Theater (by ShopKo North)
- 1 ticket per student per month
- Must be currently enrolled in a WSU-R class—no tickets available before first day of classes or after last day of classes
- Tuesday, September 23, 7:00 PM
- $5/ticket (limit 2 per student)
- Bus loads at 4:00 PM in front of UCR Sports Complex, leaves at 4:30 PM
- Box lunch included
MN Vikings game versus Detroit Lions w/RCTC
- Sunday, October 12, 12:00 PM
- $30/ticket (limit 2 per student)
- Bus loads at 9:00 AM in front of UCR Sports Complex, leaves at 9:30 AM
Campus Leadership & Activities ProgramThe program provides WSU-Rochester students with an opportunity to learn about leadership, connect with and learn from community leaders, and directly impact the WSU-Rochester campus by assisting in the development of WSU-R student life activities and events. The program consists of 6 in-person sessions and requires a year-long commitment over the fall and spring semesters. Two absences are allowed.
- Learn and discuss leadership topics and theories, as well as building connections to Rochester community leaders (and possibly WSU-R alumni).
- Guide the direction of WSU-R student life and activities by developing, researching, planning, and facilitating student activities on and off-campus, with the guidance of WSU-R staff.
- Develop a personal leadership plan.
- To develop good leaders who will emerge in the classroom creating a more efficient and better learning environment.
- To help students learn who they are as individuals and utilize this information in leading others.
- To encourage students to learn about their unique strengths and attributes relating to leadership and provide them with a means to demonstrate their abilities.
- To assist students in developing effective leadership skills that can be used in their roles as official club/organization leaders on campus and in the grater community.
- To prepare students for leadership roles after graduating from WSU.
- It also looks great on your resume!
The sessions are tentatively scheduled for (all in EA 119). All sessions are 5 PM to 8 PM.
- Wednesday, September 24
- Wednesday, October 22
- Wednesday, November 12
- Wednesday, February 4
- Wednesday, March 4
- Wednesday, April 22 or 29
For more information or to sign up for this program, have your students schedule a short meeting with Trent Dernbach by calling 507.285.7100 or email@example.com. Deadline is September 19, 2014!
WSU Counseling Services Available on the Rochester CampusWSU Counselor, Sara Hallberg, visits the WSU-Rochester campus to provide free personal counseling services for all currently registered WSU-R students.
The service is offered every Thursday afternoon. Students can make a counseling appointment by contacting the WSU-R Student and Campus Services Office in Student Services, SS 128, calling 285.7100, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can also contact Sara Hallberg directly via email email@example.com.
Visiting Advisors From Winona CampusSchedule an appointment with a Visiting Advisor from the Winona Campus. Stop by Student & Campus Services, SS128, to make an appointment or call 507.285.7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2014 Visiting Advisor Schedule
- Tuesday, October 14
- Wednesday, November 5
- Every Thursday Afternoons
- Every Wednesday through October
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- The Second Monday of Each Month