Frequently Asked Questions
DEPARTMENT OF RTTR
- Where is the department of RTTR located?
123 Memorial Hall, Winona Campus
- Who is the chair of the department?
Dr. Lorene Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Who is the administrative assistant?
Marijo Reinhard (email@example.com)
- Who is the advisor of the RTTR Student Association?
Dr. Roger Riley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How do I find out who my department academic advisor is?
In the RTTR department, there are bulletin boards which have a listing of all the current majors and their advisors. If you name is not on the listing, contact the department administrative assistant.
- Where do freshmen majors go for course registration in November and April?
Go to the Winona.edu home page, click on the resources link near the top of the page and and drop down menu will appear. Click on 'find courses' and then you can log in with your warrior ID and password. All class are searchable here and you can register on this page.
- Where do I go to obtain a change of major, Approval of Course Work to be taken Elsewhere, Course Substitutions, Double Majors, ect.?
To declare a RT or TR major or submit a change of major to our programs, you may complete a form in the RTTR main office or through the Records Office in the Maxwell Hub.
- Who do I see if I want to change my major to or from RTTR?
If you are seeking a RT or TR major, you should consult with one of the RTTR faculty for advising. If you are changing your major FROM our programs, you should talk directly with a faculty member in the department you are selecting.
- Is there a minimal GPA requirement for students desiring to change their major to RTTR?
Yes, a GPA of 2.5 or higher is required to become an RTTR major.
- Do I have to have a 2.5 GPA in my RTTR courses to graduate?
No, but you are required to have an overall 2.5 GPA in all course work taken at WSU.
- What’s the very first step in the internship process?
The very first step is to pick up a RTTR Internship Handbook from the RTTR Internship Administrative Assistant in ME 123. This handbook contains all the information you need to become knowledgeable about your search for your capstone experience. PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE PROCEEDING.
- How far in advance should I begin the internship process?
Minimally, search and secure your internship one semester prior to your experience. This is necessary as there may be affiliation agreements that need to be negotiated before a site can be secured
- Do I need to meet a minimum GPA requirement to be eligible for my internship?
Yes. You must have a 2.5 GPA overall as it appears on the Degree Audit Report (DARS) at the conclusion of the semester preceding the internship experience.
- Do I need to complete all my coursework prior to doing my internship?
Because this is your capstone experience and the culmination of your coursework, you should have completed all required RTTR courses prior to the start of your internship. Minor exception to this requirement may be considered for Seniors with unique and unusual circumstances.
- Where do I search for an eligible internship?
On pages 9-10 of the Internship Handbook, you can find “Internship Search Tips” and “Web Resources” to assist your with your internship search. The RTTR Internship Supervisor is readily available to meet with you an an individual basis if you choose.
- Where can I get information and application materials for the Graduare Record Examination (GRE)?
Please visit the ETS GRE Website at http://www.ets.org/gre