The Developing Warriors program is for students who:
- are current or potential campus club or organization officers
- hold another leadership role on campus
- want to hone their leadership skills to be more effective leaders of peers
- need assistance in the daily nuts-and-bolts tasks of being an organizational leader
Student leaders gather each week to progress through eight workshops and related activities to boost leadership skills and feel more comfortable as a campus student leader. The program is offered both fall and spring semesters. There is no cost to participate.
Developing Warriors Program Requirements
- REGISTER for the program by Wednesday, September 17
- Register and participate in the Warriors Leadership Retreat held January 24, 2015
- Complete a club/organization analysis project
- Attend and participate in ALL the following workshops & activities on Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00pm in Kryzsko Commons Purple Room 244:
- September 23: What's Your Leadership Style?
- September 30: Running an Effective Meeting to Keep You Sane
- October 7: Event Planning 101 at WSU
- October 14: FISH! Philosophy for Student Organizations
- October 21: What Would You Do...? Ethical Leadership
- October 28: Please Tell Me About Yourself...(interviewing skills using your leadership experience)
- November 4: Building an Inclusive Organization
- November 18: Presentations & Wrap-up Celebration
Upon completion of all the requirements, students will receive a certificate of completion and become a member of the Developing Warriors Society.
Associate Director of Student Activities & Leadership
125 Kryzsko Commons