Emerging Warriors Program
The Emerging Warriors program is open to all students who want to enhance their individual leadership skills and knowledge by exploring Emotionally Intelligent Leadership. Students will learn how they can demonstrate a consciousness of self, consciousness of others, and consciousness of context. Leaders must be aware of their own capacities (in both formal and informal roles), the needs of those who follow their leadership, and the environmental factors that impact their performance in order to be successful and effective. This program will show you how to improve in all three facets!
In addition to the valuable information you will learn, all participants will get to put their new leadership skills into practice by participating in a fun outdoor excursion during the 2-day Emerging Warriors Retreat. You will not want to miss this exciting adventure!
The Emerging Warriors program is offered fall and spring semesters. There is no cost to participate.
Emerging Warriors Program Requirements
In order to participate in the Emerging Warriors Program, you must:
- Register for the program by Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Participate in the Warriors Leadership Retreat on January 24, 2015
- Attend ALL of the following sessions including the 2-day Emerging Warriors Retreat:
- Thursday, October 2: Overview, Inventory & Assessment (3:30-5pm, Kryzsko Dining Room B)
- Friday, October 10: Emerging Warriors Retreat (4-8pm, Kryzsko Purple Rooms 248/249)
- Saturday, October 11: Emerging Warriors Retreat & Outdoor Excursion (9am-5pm, Kryzsko Purple Rooms 248/249)
- Thursday, October 16: Reflection & Follow-up (3:30-5pm, Kryzsko Dining Room B)
- Thursday, October 23: Group Presidentations & Wrap-up Celebration (3:30-5pm, Kryzsko Dining Room B)
Upon completion of all the requirements, students will receive a certificate of completion and become a member of the Emerging Warriors Society.