Guide for AuthorsWe cordially invite manuscripts for the next volume of the Journal of International Social Issues (JISI), which will be published in March 2013. There are no submission fees or page charges.
Submission of an article implies that:
- the work described has not been published previously,
- it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- its publication is approved by all authors, and
- it will not be published elsewhere in the same form or in any other language.
Below is the format and structure of manuscript:
- Manuscripts should be in Word and double-spaced typewritten pages in total (text, references, tables, figures, appendices).
- Authors should use Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, one-inch margins throughout.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 7000 words.
- An abstract should be not exceeding 200 words.
- The title page should display the title of the paper; names of the author(s); position and place of work; and the full postal address, telephone number and e-mail address of the author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
- All figures and tables should be referred to in the text and their appropriate positions indicated in the text.
- The use of footnotes should be avoided.
- Details of research methodology should be included in the manuscript where appropriate.
- The language of publication is English. Manuscript should be professionally edited before submission.
- In your manuscript, please ensure that acronyms, abbreviations, and jargon are defined.
- Quotes of 10 or more words include page number(s) from the original source.
- Every citation has a reference and every reference is cited.
- Please provide translations for non-English titles in references, page ranges for articles and book chapters, and all authors’ and editors’ names (not “et al.,”) in references.
- References should be in APA style as follows:
Jackson, B. K. (2010). Reference style guidelines. Journal of Guidelines, 4(1), 101-132.
Jackson, B. K. (2010), Reference style guidelines. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Chapter in a book
Jackson, B. K. (2010). How to write a chapter title in styles. In C. Anderson (Ed.), Professional writing styles (pp. 72-102). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Editor of a book
Jackson, B. K. (2010) Reference style guidelines. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Jackson, B. K. (2010, March). Reference style guidelines. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of California, Los Angeles.
Paper-presented at a symposium or annual meeting
Jackson, B. K. (2010, March). Reference style guidelines. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Social Work Research, Washington, DC.
Jackson, B. K. (2010, March). Quotes of 40 or more words will be block quotes. Reference style guidelines. Retrieved January 11, 2012 from http://www.apa.org
Please submit your manuscripts electronically. If you have any questions, please contact with the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.