Spring 2014 Commencement Speaker Applications
Student Senate is accepting applications for the Spring Commencement Speaker from Spring 2014 graduating seniors. There will be an am and pm commencement ceremony on May 6.
Selection Process Timeline
- Applications available online: Monday, February 24th
- Applications due: Friday, March 14th
- Auditions with Student Senate: Wednesday, March 19th and Friday, March 21st
- Final Decision: Tuesday, March 25th
- Selected Speaker Interview with President Olson: March 26th - April 4th
- Commencement Ceremony: Friday, May 9th
Applicants must submit a simple outline of their speech with their online application. The speaker will be selected based on:
- Involvement on campus
- Public speaking skills
- The content of his/her message
Feel free to contact Tyler Stern (Academic Affairs Committee Chair) with any questions.