Supervisors and cooperating teachers share the responsibility of guiding our teacher candidates in achieving high performance standards. Supervisors are knowledgeable of the expectations of the University and can offer support throughout the student teaching experience. Supervisors facilitate communication among the University, School Partners and the Teacher Candidate. The University supervisor will provide intentional feedback throughout the student teaching experience. If you are interested in becoming a WSU University Supervisor, please contact our office.
Here are some resources to assist in your role as a University Supervisor:
Lesson Plan Evaluation and Recording Tools:
- Lesson Plan Evaluation (PDF)
- WSU Observation and Conference Plan (PDF)
- Alternative Observation and Conference Plan (DOC)
- edTPA Lesson Plan Template (Word)
General and Special Education Evaluations and Surveys:
- Student Teaching Midterm Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Student Teacher Final Evaluation (results will be sent via email once submitted)
- Dispositions Survey (results will be sent via email once submitted)
- Student Assistance Plan Form (PDF)
- Teacher Candidate Disposition and Performance Concern (PDF)
Use the Employee Expense Report to record your mileage for the purpose of reimbursement. This report should be turned in to the Office of Clinical Practice during the first week of each month (e.g. January's report is turned in the first week in February.)
The Student Teaching Handbook (PDF) has information that is also useful for University Supervisors.