Dance Society meets at 4:30 every Thursday in PAC 127, Small Dance Studio.
Includes informal dance performances, community projects, field trips, service learning,
and ACDF attendance.
The Wenonah Players
The Wenonah Players Theatre Club is WSU's oldest, largest, and most entertaining club on campus. Our membership goes beyond just theatre majors. As long as you have an interest in theatre, be it technically, performance, or spectator, you can join! Meetings are Wednesdays at 4pm in the PAC Green Room.
Winona Improvisational Theatre (WIT)
If you like having spontaneous crazy fun, then Winona Improv Theatre (WIT) is for you! "Think Whose Line is It Anyway" meets WSU. Each week the Players and any other interested parties meet and have some good mostly clean fun, usually at other people's expense, but always in a good way.
Other Student Clubs:
Runner Up Improv, WSU Hip Hop Club, WSU Ballroom Club, Warrior Dance Team
TBA during the semester on Thursday nights, Memorial 300, Open to all.
The student employment opportunities are open to all students, but we give preference to theatre or dance majors or minors.
The department currently employs approximately 12 students per year, including department office assistants, Scenic and Costume Studio Assistants, Box Office staff, Properties Managers, and faculty assistants. Additional positions will be created as funding increases.
8-10 hours per week at the prevailing university pay rate.
Most positions do not require demonstration of financial need.
Preference given to students who major or minor in theatre or dance and who meet the qualifications for the position.
American College Theatre Festival (ACTF)
- Students and faculty attend the annual Region 5 conference on January 17-23 in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.
- Selected students compete in the Irene Ryan Scholarship competition.
- Student-run team competes in Tech Team Showdown
- Students are encouraged to submit their work in Stage Management, Scenic/Lighting/Costume Design, and Dramaturgy.
- Students attend workshops and selected works presented by Region 5 schools.
American College Dance Festival (ACDA)
- Students and faculty attend the annual regional conference on March 18-22 at UW Stevens Point. We present faculty/guest
artist and student work and take classes and workshops.
- We attend professional performances, master classes, and share and
connect with regional college and university dance programs.
Great River Shakespeare Festival
Theatre du Mississippi
Area University Theatres
Saint Mary's University
UW La Crosse
Twin Cities Art Organizations
Walker Arts Center
Zenon Dance Company and School