Parent and Family Resources
When your student starts their college career, it's an exciting time for students and parents alike. At WSU, your student will have so many opportunities for growth as they learn to navigate campus, academic studies and campus life.We invite you to support your student's success by staying connected and encouraging them take advantage of the many resources WSU has to offer. You can find additional resources on the Parents & Families website.
Communicate & Connect
Stay in touch with what’s going on at WSU. Connect with us in a variety of ways, including:
- Facebook: The Winona State Parents and Family page will keep you up to date on information to help you support your student. Remember to “like” the WSU Facebook page to see more about what’s going on around our campus.
- Star Alert: This text-messaging system will keep you in the loop in case of emergencies on campus or in the Winona area. Encourage your student to sign up as well!
- WSU Blogs: Hear from other WSU students about their successes, challenges and insights—it’s a great way to get more information about what your student may be experiencing while they are here.
- Stay up-to-date with the Parents and Family Newsletter (PDF).
Important Dates & Events
Here's how to keep up to date with WSU happenings:
- Academic Calendar: The calendar focuses on registration, billing, course-related, graduation and other important due dates and deadlines.
- Events: There are many fun and exciting events going on at our campus every day. See them all in the Event Calendar.
- Financial Aid Timelines: These infographics provide specific information regarding state, federal and institutional financial aid, including application and disbursement for the full academic year and summer sessions.
- Commencement: The day your student graduates is an important moment of achievement and celebration. Get all the details on WSU's commencement ceremonies.
Want More Information?
If you still have some questions or don't see what you're looking for, check out Ask WSU. This online help center provides answers to many frequently asked questions and offers a live chat feature.
You can also call or email the Office of the Dean of Students with questions at email@example.com or 507.457.5300.