Jack Donovan is a percussionist, performer, and educator located in the Twin Cities. He is currently perusing his Doctorate of Musical Arts at the University of Minnesota.
Before attending the U of M, Jack received his BM from the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, and his MM from Kansas State University where he was a graduate teaching assistant with the bands and percussion studio, and the coordinator for the Pride of Wildcat Land Drumline.
As a performer, Jack has a very diverse background or experiences from performing with orchestras to Latin jazz ensembles. As a chamber musician, Jack has performed at events such as the:
- Percussive Arts Society International Convention
- Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival (Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Promising Artists of the 21st Century Concert Series (San Jose, Costa Rica)
Jack has also performed extensively in the marching arts with groups such as the Madison Scouts, Minnesota Brass, and the Minnesota Vikings Skol Line.
Jack is an active educator throughout the upper-Midwest. He has given clinics at the Minnesota Percussion Association’s Day of Percussion (2018, 2020) and the UW – Eau Claire Honor Band (2017, 2019).
Jack teaches many marching ensembles as well, including The Govenaires Drum and Bugle Corps (St. Peter, MN), Grove Area Percussion (Maple Grove, MN) and River Falls High School Marching Band (River Falls, WI).
Additionally, Jack teaches privately, offering lesson in person and online. Jack serves on the board of directors for the Minnesota Percussion Association, and he is an educational artist for Majestic percussion instruments and Innovative Percussion sticks and mallets.
- Bachelor of Music – Percussion Performance (2015) | University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Master of Music – Percussion Performance (2017) | Kansas State University