Understand Your Academic Status
To remain enrolled and graduate from WSU, you must maintain minimum standards for grade point average (GPA) and course completion rate. Students who fall below good standing are notified of their status by the Warrior Hub at the end of each term.
Students who meet or exceed these academic standards are considered in Good Standing:
- 1.75 minimum WSU cumulative GPA for first 15 credit hours attempted
- 2.00 minimum WSU cumulative GPA for subsequent credit hours attempted
- 67% cumulative completion rate for all credits attempted once 5 WSU credits have been attempted. This includes developmental coursework (English 099 and Math 050) and credits accepted in transferring to WSU.
Students who fall below the minimum standards are first placed on Academic Warning. Students on Academic Warning are still enrolled and can attend classes.
However, they will see a Warning Registration Hold when trying to register for classes.
You have one semester to get back to Good Standing or you will be placed on Academic Suspension.
Faculty and Staff
If your advisee is on Academic Warning and has not had an Academic Warning meeting, these are the next steps to remove a registration hold (PDF). These steps are also available through an audio recording.
Students on Academic Suspension are unable to enroll in or attend classes for at least one academic semester.
However, you can submit an academic appeal for readmission. If the appeal is granted, you can remain enrolled for an additional semester on Academic Probation. If your appeal is denied or you choose not to appeal, you will sit out the next semester.
Students who successfully appeal can still receive financial aid when they are on Academic Probation.
If you make satisfactory progress while on Academic Probation, you can enroll for the next term until you reach the cumulative GPA and completion rate to move into Good Standing.
Satisfactory progress is defined as meeting the minimum standards of a 2.20 GPA and 75% completion rate for the term.
Returning from Academic Suspension
To return to WSU after sitting out at least one semester, students must:
1. Complete the online Re-Enrollment Request Process
2. Schedule an appointment and participate in a suspension re-entry meeting with an academic advisor in the Warrior Success Center, 507-457-5878, to discuss your Re-Enrollment Request Form.
You will need to sign in with your StarID and password. If you do not know your StarID or WSU tech (student) ID number, please contact the Warrior Hub, 507-457-2800.
Contact the Warrior Success Center at 507.457.5878 to schedule your meeting after submitting your re-enrollment request form.
If approved, the student will be readmitted and placed on Academic Probation.