Parents & Families
Your student’s time in college can be exciting yet nerve-racking for you as they explore new opportunities independently. Winona State is dedicated to the academic and personal success of your student, and the Advising Services team is here to help.
How You Can Support Your Student
At Advising Services, we help students navigate college successfully and overcome any challenges that do arise.
You can help support your student's success by encouraging them to contact Advising Services if they:
- Can't decide on a major or are considering changing majors
- Have questions about how to read the Degree Audit Report
- Are unsure how to navigate the Student eServices course registration system
- Will be the first in the family to get a college degree or wants to learn about resources for first generation students
- Fall below good academic standing and need help getting back on track
- Want more information on general education courses and requirements
- Would benefit from extra academic services and support
- Are interested in taking WSU college-level classes as a high school PSEO student
- Have any question related to college and aren't sure where to turn
Advisors are happy to meet with your student one-on-one to discuss their needs and concerns. We can meet with students in person, over the phone and even online. Encourage your student to set up an appointment today.
Find more resources for parenting a college student on the WSU Parents & Families website.