Reimbursement for Search Committees
Search committee members and candidates can be reimbursed for certain expenses associated with the search process. Here are a few common reimbursement scenarios and requirements:
- Search Committee members cannot be reimbursed for their meals or any expenses they incur while meeting with the candidates. The state will reimburse only the candidate for their meals and only while they are in Winona.
- University cars are available to pick up candidates. Search Committee members cannot be reimbursed for the use of their personal cars.
- Candidates should be told, in advance, that they will be expected to pay for all of their expenses while they are traveling and while they are in Winona. The State of Minnesota will reimburse them. Tenure track candidates are entitled to be reimbursed for travel, lodging, meals, etc.
- Candidates should not charge their motel bills to WSU. WSU can pay only the candidate-- not the motel.
- Candidates should be picked up and delivered to their destination in Winona by members of the Search Committee. Rental cars are not encouraged, unless it is an emergency.