Warrior Network - LinkedIn
If you stay connected, it will change your life forever!
As you may know, the two key segments of LinkedIn are pages and groups. Both are very powerful networking tools for your use throughout your career.
Once you have joined LinkedIn and entered your profile, read the steps on how to utilize these aspects of LinkedIn.
Follow Winona State University’s Page
Once you have logged into your LinkedIn account, follow these simple steps to access more than 32,000 WSU alumni. (This page is built by LinkedIn based on individuals who listed WSU in their profile.)
- In the search bar at the top of the page near the blue “in” box, type “Winona State University.”
- Select “People who studied at” Winona State University.
- Filter the contacts you would like to connect with by using the selections on the right side of the page, using criteria such as location and current companies.
Alumni who meet your search criteria who are fellow WSU alumni will automatically be displayed. You can then choose who you would like to contact for assistance with relocation or to find out more about a specific employer. Contact individuals via the “Connect” button next to each person’s profile and ask for their help.
Join Winona State University’s Group
Once you have logged into your LinkedIn account, follow these steps to access more than 4,200 WSU alumni who are actively connecting with each other in a group.
- In the search bar at the top of the page near the blue “in” box, type “Winona State University Alumni & Friends” and select the group that is displayed.
- The next screen will be the WSU Alumni & Friends group that currently has more than 4,200 active alumni.
- Click on the blue bar on the right side of the screen that is titled “Ask to join.”
- Once you are a member, you can post questions to your fellow alumni who will actively offer assistance to you.
For more information and other ideas on how you can keep connected with the Warrior Network, contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 507.457.5027.