Studios & Equipment
Students in the Art and Design Department have 24/7 access to outstanding studio spaces. Because technology is an integral part of 21st-century creativity, our studios feature the latest art-making and production equipment.
In 2024, the department will move into a brand-new, state-of-the-art home.
The Center for Interdisciplinary Collaboration, Engagement and Learning (CICEL) will be a sustainable, carbon-neutral building designed to offer our students a truly world-class facility to call home.
Design Computer Lab
Our Design Computer Lab is equipped with six-core and quad-core Mac Pro units, Wacom Cintiq 22HD tablets and high-end iMac units.
Each computer station includes the latest versions of design, motion, digital imaging, web, sound, video and animation software.
Design Production Lab
Our Design Production Lab is equipped with open plan workspaces for advanced prototyping and production.
Our cutting-edge production equipment is available for student use.
- The latest digital press with 5th channel capabilities
- 3D printers for sculptural and prototyping work
- 42” large format ink-jet printer
- 24” laser cutter and engraver with rotary capabilities
- 23” vinyl cutter
- Heat press
- Sewing and textile production tools
- A wide selection of hardware tools
The facility is equipped with eight computer stations with dual monitor capabilities running state-of-the-art software to provide design students with access to the latest industry tools.
The Photography Studio features professional photography equipment.
- High-end SLR cameras for each photography student
- Large format printers
- A fully equipped dark room for analog photography
- Studio lighting and production equipment
- Desktop computers with full production software
Painting, Drawing, Sculpting & Ceramics Studios
Our Painting, Drawing, Sculpture and Ceramics studios feature all necessary equipment.
- Generous workstations for students
- Extensive production equipment including gas and raku kilns
- Personal creative spaces for senior students
All art-making equipment, from easels to clay to sculptural materials, is provided by the department.