Department of Business Administration
The Business Administration (BUSA) Department at WSU provides students with the skills, knowledge, and experience to create value in organizations.
Emphasis is placed on organizational functioning within changing economic, legal, socio-cultural, and technological environments.
The department offers programs with the aim of developing the technical, analytical, and conceptual skills for the future leaders of the private and public sectors.
The objectives of BA Department programs are to:
- Provide an integrated foundation of skills and knowledge in critical content areas necessary to prepare students for professional business careers;
- Provide students with opportunities to learn and practice, individually as well as a in a team, analytical thinking skills and use of analytical tools;
- Provide students with learning experiences that build understanding of international business issues and practices as well as expose them to diverse cultural perspectives, both international and domestic, in business;
- Build awareness and understanding of key concepts in ethics and apply these to realistic ethical dilemmas; and
- Provide students with opportunities to apply modern technologies to business data analysis, information in research, decision-making, presentations, and communication.
Whatever your career path is, you will learn from academically active and practically experienced faculty about both time tested and as well as the latest concept and skills needed to direct and manage the activities of an organization in keeping with an organization’s mission and objectives.
Students will develop an understanding of critical skills required for general management in the areas of:
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Theory
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Management
- The Human Resource Management Major curriculum is SHRM certified and advised by a regional Human Resource Management Advisory board
- Management Information System
- International Business
- Business Law
- Project Management