For help filling out your Employee expense report, refer to the expense report page.
- Breakfast - in travel status overnight or when the trip begins before 6:00am
- Lunch - in travel status and more than 35 miles from work station through the normal lunch period
- Dinner - in travel status overnight or when the trip ends after 7pm
- Times of departure and return must be indicated on the Expense Report (Excel) for all meal reimbursement requests
Employees are reimbursed for actual miles driven at the rates specified by the applicable collective bargaining agreement, compensation plan or state statute. There are several rates used when reimbursing mileage for state travel. The IRS sets a standard mileage rate and updates it periodically.
- Mileage will be reimbursed for the shortest direct route from your home “work” location to your destination or your “residence,” whichever is shorter.
- Requested but no State Vehicle was available – 54.5 cents per mile effective Jan. 1, 2018. Note on the Expense Report that "no State vehicle was available."
- Choose to drive your own vehicle – 47.5 cents per mile effective Jan. 1, 2018.
- Long distance driving reimbursement is limited to the lowest round trip airfare. Contact the Business Office for a quote.
- Employees must submit the itemized receipts for lodging showing the detail of charges with their Expense Report (Excel).
- Employees must not accept any lodging benefits/rewards for personal use. Lodging membership programs are occasionally connected to airline programs. Be aware that you have not accepted any reward points from a State purchase. Review your receipt carefully.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Annual fees and interest for personal credit cards
- Late payment fees or interest on state-issued corporate credit cards
- Expenses of traveling companions or family members
- Expenses related to vacation or personal days while traveling
- Loss or theft of personal cash or property
- Entertainment or amusement costs, movies, optional travel or baggage insurance, parking or traffic tickets, commuting mileage or costs, health/fitness club fees, towing/repairs of personal vehicles
- Incomplete or incorrect expense reports or expense entry in