In a life-threatening emergency, you have a variety of options:
- Call 911
- Help the student find a ride to the ER at Community Memorial Hospital,
855 Mankato Avenue, 507.457.4328.
- Walk the student over to Counseling Services at 222 Integrated Wellness Complex. A call alerting us is helpful.
- Call Campus Security at x5555.
Any threatened or attempted suicide is to be reported to the WSU Behavioral Assessment and Intervention Team (BAIT). Crisis intervention services will be provided. Current members of the team include:
- Dean of Students
- Director of Security
- Director of Residence Life
- Director of Health Services
- Chair of Counseling Services
- Student Conduct Office
Suicide Risk Checklist
Our Suicide Risk Checklist is available for more detailed information.
Sexual Assault Information
The Sexual Violence Resources site gives general information on sexual assault as well as information specific to WSU and Minnesota State.