Here are some of the best available Internet resources on a wide variety topics to help you find answers you need about mental health issues and other college related concerns. Any one of these sites would be a good place to start.
However, please keep in mind these sites are not maintained by WSU Counseling Services, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information. Also, this information is intended to educate and inform students, not to replace a need for personal counseling. Please call 507.457.5330 for information about accessing one of our professional staff.
- Half of Us - A joint project between mtvU and the Jed Foundation offers videos and information about a variety of college mental health concerns
- ULifeline - An anonymous online resource center designed for college students
- American Psychological Association - Information about psychological issues provided by the largest association of professional psychologists in America
- University of Texas - A list of common health-related concerns and ways to handle them
- Student Health Wellzine - An online magazine dedicated to health concerns written by WSU students for WSU students
- Bestcolleges.com - Information about the top 5 mental health problems for college students
If you are looking for information about a specific health concern, additional online resources are offered below.
Adjustment to College
Adult Children of Alcoholics
Alcohol on Campus
Grief and Loss
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
Self-Esteem and Self-Growth
- Rape, Abuse, & Incest National Network: What should you do if you’re Sexually Assaulted?
- MN Center Against Violence and Abuse
- WSU Support & Resources for Sexual Violence Victims
Local resources include:
- Winona Health ER 507.457.4328
- WSU Counseling Services, Integrated Wellness Complex 222, 507.457.5330
- WSU Health Services, Integrated Wellness Complex 222, 507.457.5160
- SEMCAC, 76 West 3rd, Winona, 507.452.4307
- Winona County Attorney’s Office 507.457.6595
- WSU Security 507.457.5555
- Women’s Resource Center, Winona, 507.452.4440
- Gunderson Lutheran Crime Victims Services 1.800.362.9567 ext. 5557
Students with Disabilities
If you are feeling suicidal: Go to the ER at Winona Community Hospital at 855 Mankato Ave or call:
Emergency Room (Memorial Hospital): 507.457.4328
Great Rivers 24-hour Crisis Hotline: 1.800.362.8255