Welcome veterans and thank you for your service to our country. Over the past several years, WSU has seen an increase in students who are currently in the military or who have returned from active duty. We value the maturity, leadership, dedication, and responsibility you bring to our campuses, and we honor the sacrifices you have made.
It is our goal to ease this transition by providing support, available resources, and a safe and welcoming environment. Please see our Veteran Students (PDF) document for more information regarding the transition.
It is in recognition of the multiple challenges and stressors facing veterans that the following list of resources is offered.
Veterans Crisis Line 1.800.273.8255 Press 1
Veterans Linkage Line 1.888.LINKVET
Off-Campus Veterans' Mental Health Resources
- Vet Center in La Crosse
- Community-Based Outpatient Clinic in Rochester (part of Mpls VA Medical Center)
- Military OneSource provides a variety of online services and helps locate counselors in one's area - call 1.800.342.9647
- Vet Centers
- Family Assistance Centers
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
- My Military Education
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Minnesota Higher Education Veterans Programs
- GI Educational Benefits
- Student guide to military financial aid