Education Doctorate Requirements
In addition to general Graduate Studies admissions criteria, admissions requirements for the EdD program are detailed below.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Master's Degree (30+ credits minimum) with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement of Intent and summary of educational goals and experience (Professional Writing Sample)
- Current employment as an educational practitioner, or
- Three to five years previous work experience in education or related field
- Participation in an interview with the doctoral program faculty
- Current CV or resume
- Evidence or documentation of current work as an educational or related practitioner at the time of admission
Priority Application Deadline
The priority deadline for applications is Feb. 28, 2019 with additional deadlines of March 15 and May 15. Applications will be reviewed and admission interviews conducted following each deadline date. Applications received after May 15 will be considered on a space-available basis. Cohorts will convene for the initial summer residency at the Winona State University campus in summer 2019 during the first two weeks in July.
When applying for the EdD program, the School of Graduate Studies serves as a liaison between the applicant and the university. Application materials are submitted to the School of Graduate Studies.
Once all application materials are received, Graduate Studies will forward materials to the coordinator of the doctoral program for review and an interview will be scheduled. After the application deadline, those with complete applications will be scheduled for interview with doctoral program faculty. Once the program admission is made, this information is forwarded to Graduate Studies for official notification to the applicant.