Education Doctorate Requirements
In addition to general Graduate Studies admissions criteria, admissions requirements for the EdD program are detailed below.
A Master's Degree (30+ credits minimum) with an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher as well. A Bachelor's Degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's educational background. A current curriculum citae (CV) or resumé.
Applicant’s professional statement (Writing Sample): Applicants are required to submit a professional statement which addresses the components listed below. Each applicant statement is limited to three (3) double-spaced pages using 12 point font.
- Summary of educational goals and experiences
- Description of how attaining the education doctorate assists the applicant in achieving professional goals and career aspirations.
- Identification of a current problem of practice in education that the applicant is interested in exploring.
- Summary of the importance of this problem within the context of your professional practice and in the research literature.
- Description of how the problem of practice aligns with your chosen area of specialization.
- Summary of your research experience, professional presentations and publications.
- Current employment as an educational practitioner, or a minimum three years previous work experience in education or related field
Priority Application Deadline
The priority deadline for applications is Feb. 28. Applications are reviewed as they are received. Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Cohorts convene for the initial summer residency at the Winona State University campus each summer, Residency 2022 will be from July 16-22, 2022
- All application materials to include; curriculum vita (CV)/resume, 3 recommendation letters (letters must be submitted on company letterhead), and the applicants professional statement are submitted to the EdD Program Email. Official transcripts from all previous schools must be sent directly to the Graduate School Office
- Applicants will receive notification of program admission, by letter, from the Ed.D. Program