Leadership Education at Winona State
We are a department stirring the foundations of our society’s social organizations to better serve their audiences.
With a phenomenal array of students we are able to delve into the current and past activities of PK-12 schools, athletic departments, non-profits and higher education to better understand their nature and prepare future leaders to make significant differences in their activities.
Leadership Education Mission Statement
To prepare passionate professional leaders to serve organizations and educational institutions in building community, improving organizational outcomes, creating better communities, and generating new knowledge for the profession.
- Teaching and learning is a shared responsibility between faculty and students
- Enhancing student learning through innovative instructional methods
- Encouraging students to become life-long learners
- Valuing students and being committed to student-centered learning
- Preparing leaders who value cultural awareness, equity, integrity, and transparency
- Flexible course schedules
- 15 month, 2 year and 3 year program plans for completing your master's degree
- Faculty available on Rochester and Winona campuses
- Innovative online learning environments (asynchronous and synchronous opportunities)
- Real world learning experiences
- Individualized assignments adapted to your profession
- Student networking opportunities
- Affordable tuition
Handshake is WSU’s #1 job and internship search tool for students and alumni. Also, check out WSU’s online interview practice tool, InterviewStream, for students and alumni. Video record your practice interviews!