Leadership in New Zealand Travel Study
Leadership involves understanding people and helping them reach commonly held goals. Visiting other countries and cultures stretches our awareness of human potential and exposes us to new ways of doing familiar things. The Leadership Education travel study program is designed to immerse students emotionally, socially, physically, and intellectually while providing students with a New Zealand cultural leadership experience.
Team Leadership in New Zealand
New Zealand Destinations: Auckland, Wellington, Nelson and Able Tasman
Dates: February 25 - March 11, 2018
Approximate Cost: $5,800 - $6,100
Total Cost Includes: tuition, fees, round-trip flight (Minneapolis to New Zealand), travel in New Zealand, accommodations (hostels and hotels), meals, medical insurance, and activities (see below for activity listing)
Application: All applications and a $500.00 non-refundable deposit for this travel study course are due by Oct. 1, 2017. The remainder of the bill is due on February 1, 2018. The trip opens to other Minnesota State schools on September 1 if seats are available. Applications are now open.
Activities included: Students will visit organizations, explore innovative community projects, meet with locals, cruise the Cook Straight to the South Island, and spend a few days hiking in the incredible Able Tasman Nation Park.
Detailed Trip Itinerary (PDF)
LDRS 743 Leadership and Team Development
EL 692 Leadership Immersion: New Zealand
Number of graduate credits: 6
Enrollment limit: 18 students (12 minimum)
1. Click on the first option “I have a username and password”
2. Enter your StarID (do not include @winona.edu) and password
3. Choose your term (Spring for Leadership in New Zealand)
4. Begin completing the materials in your study abroad online account
5. Once you have completed all the Pre-Decision materials, you may click Submit Application at the top of your account to indicate you have completed all the required materials for the IP office to review and tentatively accept you into the program.