The English Language Center (ELC) provides English language training to international students who wish to satisfy the English Language requirement for admission to Winona State University and/or to improve their English language skills while experiencing American culture. The center provides an intensive English program that offers four levels of English instruction to build the skills necessary for academic success and career advancement.
The ELC serves the following types of students:
- Prospective undergraduate students with no TOEFL score or with a score that is below the admission requirement for colleges and universities in the United States
- International students who are seeking conditional admission to Winona State University
- Students who are admitted to a college or a university in the United States but wish to further improve their English language abilities
- Students who wish to develop their English language abilities for professional purposes.
- Domestic students whose first languages are not English
Why Choose the English Language Center?
- Conditional admission to Winona State University
- Small class size and one-on-one tutoring
- Outstanding and friendly faculty and staff
- State-of-the-art technology that supports English language learning
- Friendly and culturally-rich community
- Excellent undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide variety of disciplines
- Beautiful and safe campus
The mission of the ELC is to enhance diversity and foster global fluency and engagement on the Winona State University campus. We do this by welcoming and supporting international students as they pursue their academic, professional, and personal English language learning goals. Our qualified and dedicated faculty use a dynamic curriculum of immersion in English language, academics, and American culture to empower students to thrive.