Requirements for Admission
English Language Programs at Winona State University welcomes all students, international and domestic, whose first languages are not English.
To be admitted to ELP at WSU, students should meet the following requirements:
- Proof of high-school graduation
- At least two semesters of high school level English or higher
Admissions to ELP
To apply for admission to ELP only, please complete the following steps:
Send Your Education Records
Submit original or certified copies of high school and/or university certificates and transcripts. Include a record of two semesters of English courses at either high school or college.
If your transcript was not issued in English, include an official translation of the secondary education records with courses and grades taken. WSU requires both the original language and the translated English transcript.
Apply for your I-20
After you are admitted, follow these instructions for how to apply for your I-20.
You will need:
- An Original Bank Statement(s) with a minimum balance of $23,181.00 U.S. (this is the amount for one year of study. If applying to study in ELP for one semester only, please see "Estimated Costs - Total Per Semester)
- A completed Financial Information Form (PDF). Submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of your passport
- Registration for UEMS shipping service
Send your Immunization Records
Complete the Immunization Form (PDF)
Please send ELP Only application documents via an international mail carrier (FedEx or DHL) to:
Winona State University
English Language Programs
175 West Mark Street
Winona, Minnesota 55987-5828 U.S.A.
Applicants will receive an email when we receive your documents and when we issue your acceptance packet.