English Language Programs
English Language Programs Online
English Language Programs is offering online intensive English classes Summer 2020 from June 16 - July 24. Online orientation tasks will be completed asynchronously between June 1 - June 14, and a synchronous online orientation event will take place on June 15. Students who complete our program can also qualify for full admission into Winona State University.
We offer the following:
- 4 courses: Reading, Writing, Speaking/Listening, and Integrated Skills
- Course delivery to be conducted through Zoom, Desire2Learn/Brightspace course website
- Live, synchronous class sessions (times to be determined with respect for student time zones)
- Asynchronous materials for self-study, review, and assessment
- Synchronous and asynchronous workload to equal approximately 9 hours/week total
- Experienced English instructors provide student-centered teaching and feedback
- English Proficiency Testing before and after course completion
- $625/course, includes orientation and testing
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About English Language Programs
English Language Programs (ELP) provides English language training to international students who wish to satisfy the English language requirement for admission to Winona State University and/or to improve their English language skills while experiencing U.S. culture.
The center provides an intensive English program that offers four levels of English instruction to build the skills necessary for academic success and career advancement.
ELP serves the following types of students:
- Prospective undergraduate students with no TOEFL score or with a score that is below the admission requirement for colleges and universities in the United States
- International students who are seeking conditional admission to Winona State University
- Students who are admitted to a college or a university in the United States but wish to further improve their English language abilities
- Students who wish to develop their English language abilities for professional purposes
- Domestic students whose first languages are not English
Why Choose English Language Programs?
- Pathway Program with conditional admission to Winona State University
- Small class size and one-on-one tutoring
- Outstanding and friendly faculty and staff
- State-of-the-art technology that supports English language learning
- Friendly and culturally-rich community
- Excellent undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide variety of disciplines
- Beautiful and safe campus
The mission of ELP is to enhance diversity and foster global fluency and engagement on the Winona State University campus.
We do this by welcoming and supporting international students as they pursue their academic, professional, and personal English language learning goals.
Our qualified and dedicated faculty use a dynamic curriculum of immersion in English language, academics, and U.S. culture to empower students to thrive.