WSU COVID-19 Dashboard
The WSU COVID-19 Dashboard helps us track and analyze the impact of COVID-19 on the overall health of our campus community.
It is updated weekly, and pulls data from a variety of sources for a comprehensive understanding of our current situation.
WSU’s dashboard is updated weekly on Wednesdays by end of day (with data from the preceding Monday-Sunday reporting period that has been verified by Minnesota Department of Health, and deduplicated to provide accurate representation.
Minnesota State system also has a COVID-19 Dashboard for all colleges and universities that is independently updated each week.
- Only WSU students are represented in this data. It does not include WSU faculty or staff.
- Some individuals testing positive may not have been physically present on the WSU campuses in Winona or Rochester
- There may be other cases that we have not been informed of
- These numbers are based on available information from multiple sources and are subject to change
- WSU has a quarantine and isolation protocol in place. We are closely tracking all reports and are working with those who may have been in contact with individuals reporting positive cases.
Please complete the COVID-19 Self Report if you receive a positive test result to help us keep our community safe.
What Does the Data Mean?
The number of reported cases and number of individuals in quarantine or isolation are two factors among several that impact our campus safety level.
The number of students in isolation and quarantine are the best indication of the impact that COVID-19 is having on our campus. This is because students in quarantine and isolation need to limit their activities and interactions for a period of time whether or not they receive a positive test result.
These are students who are not attending their in-person classes, not going in for their work shifts and not being present in on-campus facilities. These are students who need attention and care while they take the necessary steps to slow the spread on our campus.
By focusing on positive cases only, we overlook the majority of students who have been impacted by COVID-19.
Current Safety Level: Yellow
Yellow status triggers the kinds of safety measures we have already taken on our campus:
- Required face coverings
- Required daily screenings for all students, employees and visitors
- Physical distancing in classrooms, dining centers, residence halls and other areas on campus
- Mixed in-person, hybrid, and online course delivery
- Limited on-campus events
Count on Me
We’re counting on every Warrior to fight for the best college experience possible this fall by doing their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in our campus community.
Every Warrior, Every Day: 5 Daily Actions
- Mask Up
- Back Up
- Wash Up
- Check Up
- Check In
Step up and show everyone at WSU that they can count on you.