Transfer Students

The following information will be helpful to transfer students:

  • The Admissions Office does the initial transcript evaluation and initiates a DARS for the transfer student; the transfer officer in the Admissions Office determines the equivalencies for General Education requirements. Results will be entered into the student’s DARS.
  • The English Department does the equivalency evaluation for all other English courses.  
  • Transfer students who have completed English courses at other institutions should make an appointment with the chair of the English Department to determine the transfer of English courses from other institutions. Transfer students should bring their DARS Form (after the Admissions Office has completed the initial transfer credit evaluation) and course syllabi for transfer courses they want evaluated. Course Substitution forms need to be completed for each transferred course (Course Substitution forms are available in the English office).