Federal Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid.  Federal Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduate students that are seeking their first baccalaureate degree only.  Eligibility is based on financial need.  Award amounts can change yearly and are subject to Congressional appropriations.  The maximum Federal Pell Grant award is $5,920 for the 2017-18 award year (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018).  The Federal Pell Grant award will be reduced for students who enroll less than full time. The Federal Pell Grant processor notifies students of their eligibility by sending them the "Student Aid Report" (SAR) after completing your FAFSA.  The amount of any other student aid for which you might qualify for does not affect the amount of your Federal Pell Grant.  You may not receive Federal Pell Grant funds from more than one school at a time.

Effective on July 1, 2012, you can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent. You'll receive a notice if you're getting close to your limit.

For more information about the Federal Pell Grant visit the Federal Student Aid website.

Summer Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grant may be available to undergraduate students, depending on their financial aid awards for the Fall (2017) and Spring (2018) terms and their enrollment for the Summer (2018) term.

 Students can be eligible for summer Pell Grant (or year-round Pell) one of two possible ways.

  1. If student is regularly Pell eligible and was enrolled full-time in both the Fall (2017) and Spring (2018) semesters, the student must be enrolled at least half-time (6 or more credits) for the Summer (2018) term to possibly receive Summer Pell.
  2. If student is regularly Pell eligible and was NOT enrolled full-time in either Fall (2017) and/or Spring (2018) terms, student could possibly be eligible for Summer Pell at any credit level for Summer (2018).

** If a student’s enrollment changes from what they have indicated on the Summer Financial Aid Application form, repayment or loss of financial aid, including Summer Pell, may be required. This would include dropping classes prior to the start date of a class, withdrawal from any or all classes, canceled classes, or any other enrollment change.**