First-Gen Warrior Scholarship
The First-Gen Warrior Scholarship awards $1,000 each year to support and encourage first generation students in their studies at Winona State University.
Nearly 45% of WSU students fit the federal definition of first generation students. Many WSU First-Gen Warriors also come from low-income families who need financial support to pay for tuition, room, board and other college expenses.
If you want to support the First-Gen Warrior scholarship fund, please contact the Winona State University Advancement office at 507.457.5020 or email@example.com.
Check that You Qualify
To qualify for this scholarship, you must be:
- An undergraduate student enrolled full time and in good academic standing (minimum 12 credits/semester in fall and spring)
- A first-generation college student based on the federal definition of neither parent having a 4-year bachelor's degree
- A student with demonstrated financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Write Your Essay
The application essay should include:
- Future professional goals or objectives
- Involvement in the WSU or Winona community
- How this scholarship would make a difference in your college experience
There is no minimum length requirement for the essay, but you should be thoughtful and thorough in your answers.
Submit Your Application
The scholarship deadline is in the spring, but the specific date varies year to year. Submit your application online!