Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, student groups will compete for a chance to win a share of $10,000 toward jumpstarting their ideas!
The WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge seeks to:
- Provide students an environment to grow their idea supported by businesses and mentors
- Provide businesses the opportunity to present an industry problem to student groups for innovative solutions
- Provide Alumni with mentorship opportunities
Benefits to Businesses (Return-On-Investment):
- Connects businesses with high quality, but often overlooked, innovators
- Allows for a more relaxed conversation that is conducive to a meaningful exchange
- Provides a no cost opportunity for an innovative and creative solution presentation on April 5, 2018
- Requires less resources and time
Benefits to Mentors (Return-On-Investment)
- Build relationships with the next generation.
- Recruit talent.
- Create a lasting impression and legacy.
What Mentors Need to Do
- Identify an idea or team that is of interest.
- Commit to mentoring students throughout the WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge.
a. Help team to create an executive summary and submit by Feb. 20, 2018.
b. Help team to prepare for pitch presentations in front of an expert panel of judges.
- Support your team and attend pitch presentations on April 5, 2018 (approximately 30 hours over 12 weeks).
Benefits to Students
Groups will compete for a chance to win a share of $10,000 toward jumpstarting their idea! Participating in the WarriorsINNOVATE Challenge three-phase process including idea generation, idea development and idea readiness. Mentors will assist students in developing business plans and pitch presentations.
- Helps students participate in idea formulation activity in a positive environment
- Helps businesses to recognize the talents of students by discussing real world problems
- Helps Alumni network with area businesses and young professionals