Fall Ceremony is Dec. 8, 2017
Winona State University's commencement ceremony will take place in the McCown Gymnasium - Memorial Hall.
||College of Business, College of Education and College of Science and Engineering
||College of Liberal Arts and College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- McCown Gymnasium is located on Main Street adjacent to 9th Street.
- The commencement ceremony is approximately an hour and a half.
- Friends and family of those participating in commencement should arrive early as seating is limited.
- Students are expected to arrive and check in 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Doors open one hour prior to each ceremony. All WSU parking lots are free of charge on commencement day.
Commencement Rehearsal - Dec. 7, 2017
- 10am: College of Business, College of Education and College of Science and Engineering
- 11am: College of Liberal Arts and College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Students should check in at the tables outside of the Harriet Johnson Auditorium in Somsen Hall.
To respect the dignity of the ceremony and allow all guests to see their degree candidates recognized, guests are not allowed on the gym floor and are requested to remain seated. Lifetouch will photograph each candidate during the ceremony. Degree candidates will receive a proof via their WSU email account with information regarding the options to purchase portraits. Questions regarding photographs should be directed to Lifetouch at 507.412.4330.
The commencement ceremony will be broadcasted by HBC in Winona on channel 25 and by Charter in Rochester on channel 20. The ceremony will be re-telecast at later dates. The dates and times will be posted on the WSU webpage.
Spring 2018 Commencement will be May 4, 2018.
||College of Education and College of Liberal Arts
||College of Business and College of Science and Engineering
||College of Nursing and Health Sciences
We would like to recognize and acknowledge that Winona State University is situated on the ancestral lands of the Dakota people. We acknowledge and honor the Dakota Nations and the sacred land of all indigenous peoples.