Spring Ceremony is Friday, May 10, 2019
- 9am - College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- 12:30pm - College of Business and College of Science & Engineering
- 4pm - College of Education and College of Liberal Arts
Winona State University's commencement ceremony will take place in McCown Gymnasium, Memorial Hall.
- McCown Gymnasium is located on Main Street adjacent to 9th Street.
- Drop off for elderly and those with physical limitations is located at the end of Johnson Street (PDF). This can be accessed via Mark Street.
- The commencement ceremony is approximately an hour and a half.
- Students are expected to arrive and check in 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Doors open one hour prior to each ceremony. All WSU parking lots are free of charge on commencement day.
Commencement Rehearsal - Thursday, May 9, 2019
- 10:30am - College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- 11:15am - College of Business and College of Science & Engineering
- 12pm - College of Education and College of Liberal Arts
To respect the dignity of the ceremony and allow all guests to see their degree candidates recognized, guests are not allowed on the gym floor and are requested to remain seated. Lifetouch will photograph each candidate during the ceremony. Degree candidates will receive a proof via their WSU email account with information regarding the options to purchase portraits. Questions regarding photographs should be directed to Lifetouch.
In addition to the live stream, the commencement ceremony will be broadcasted by HBC in Winona.
The ceremonies will be streamed with captions in multiple language including Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Spanish.
The ceremony will be re-telecast at later dates. The dates and times will be posted on the WSU webpage.
- Friday, May 10, 2019
- Friday, December 13, 2019
- Friday, May 8, 2020
- Friday, December 11, 2020
- Friday, May 7, 2021
We would like to recognize and acknowledge that Winona State University is situated on the ancestral lands of the Dakota people. We acknowledge and honor the Dakota Nations and the sacred land of all indigenous peoples.