Student Green Fee
The Student Green Fee (SGF) provides funding for projects and resources to promote environmental sustainability and enhance the student experience at WSU.
The SGF is a student initiative designed to increase WSU’s effectiveness in
- integrating sustainability broadly across the curriculum and student life so that all students are able to advance their knowledge, skills and awareness of environmental stewardship and sustainability, and
- using the campus as a living laboratory by enhancing opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to work together to develop and implement solutions to campus sustainability challenges.
As such, the green fee will be used primarily for campus green projects, student work, education (workshops, conferences, presentations), and outreach.
Applications for Green Fee Projects
Applications for SGF Projects are accepted on an ongoing basis during the school year. Any WSU student, faculty or staff member may submit a project grant.
Smaller-scale, short-term projects (less than $10,000 budget; less than 1 year project duration) may be submitted at any time during the school year.
Larger-scale, long-term projects (budget of $10,000 or more; project duration longer than one year) must be submitted by Oct. 15, so that they can be evaluated and forwarded for administrative review. If funds are available, proposals may be considered at a second deadline during spring semester (Feb. 15), as determined by the sustainability committee.
Information on how to apply for an SGF Project can be found in the SGF Project Guidelines (PDF). Please read these guidelines before using the Application and Budget form templates (PDF) to submit your application (PDF).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Sustainability Director at email@example.com.
Past Funded Projects
Growing Relationships of Winona (GROW) | $2,780
- Community garden construction at Maplewood Townhomes.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station | $18,000
- Funding for half the cost of a DC fast charge station
WSU Seed Bank & Library | $2,400
- Startup and launch funding
Bike Racks for WSU-Rochester Downtown location | $2,332
Reusable Water Bottle for First Year Students | $2,500
Giveaway to all incoming students in Fall 2017
WSU SEED Garden | $8,000
- Startup and launch funding for the Sustainable Edible Education Discover Garden
Outdoor Trash and Recycling Containers | $9,725
- New containers for the main campus mall area