Reasons to Study Chinese
- It’s the number one spoken language in the world.
- Chinese economic growth rate is among the fastest in the world.
- It could help you in your career.
- Demand for people who can speak Mandarin Chinese is increasing among businesses.
- It can give you a competitive edge against other job candidates.
- It is mentally stimulating, interesting and fun.
- It gives you an opportunity to learn about Chinese culture, literature, cuisine, music, film, dance, art, religion and philosophy.
- It improves your mental power.
Find courses needed to obtain a minor in Chinese.
Chinese Learning Opportunities at Winona State
- Chinese classes from Beginning level CHIN 101 up to Advanced level CHIN 302
- The only Chinese studies minor in the Minnesota State system - a good combination with other majors
- A Summer Internship Program working with Shanghai Industries Group (SIG ) in Shanghai, China for six weeks
- Study abroad programs in Tianjin, Shanghai in Mainland China, HKU in Hong Kong and TKU in Taiwan.
- Assistance with application for Chinese government full scholarship to study abroad in China
- Summer Travel Study program to China
- Fun Chinese cultural activities and events (Moon festival, Spring festival) on campus
- Weekly Chinese Corner (language exchange) Tea Party
- Free Chinese tutoring service on campus
- Annual Cultural Field Trips to various places
- Language partnership with native speakers of Chinese on campus