Health & Wellness Management (HWM) Online Degree Completion Program
Turn your passion for wellness into a career with our Health & Wellness Management (HWM) Online Degree Completion Program.
This program is perfect for students who:
- Have already earned their associate degree
- Are driven to create a culture of wellness
- Want to address the most prevalent health concerns of our time
- Are passionate about empowering individuals and communities to adopt healthy lifestyle behaviors and to improve their quality of life
The HWM program combines a foundation in health and wellness, management, and communication with cutting-edge concepts in applied analytics, lifestyle medicine, and fitness technology.
In other words, our program will position you for success in the growing field of Health & Wellness.
In our HWM program, you'll be able to:
- Fit your education into your existing schedule with our entirely online coursework. (100% of graduates were overall satisfied with our multi-disciplinary, online program.)
- Gain real-world experience and graduate ready to apply for competitive certification through ACE.
- Earn your Bachelor of Applied Science and return to the field as a health coach in two to three years.
- Enhance your skills (PDF) in management and leadership, communication, assessment, policy development, program planning, as well as cultural sustainability and public and community health.
Explore the required coursework for this program in the Undergraduate Catalog.
ACE Health Coach Certification
Health coaches are an important member of the healthcare team who support individuals create and sustain wellness lifestyle changes as recommended by their healthcare providers.
Health coaches are also now a billable service for health insurance companies, which means this field will be in high demand and ultimately change the future of healthcare delivery.
Our point? We know how important it is for you to build your skills and knowledge for this in-demand profession.
That's why our curriculum prepares you to sit for the National Certification Exam for Health Coaches through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) at a discounted rate. Our courses that prepare you for this exam include:
What You Can Do with This Degree
After completing our HWM program, you'll be ready to become a health and wellness professional as a:
- Community or Public Health Educator
- Corporate Wellness Manager
- Wellness Coach
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Wellness Coordinator
- Community Health and Wellness Director
- Wellness Program Consultant
- Fitness Center Manager
You'll be able to find employment that fulfills you in a variety of environments, from team-based healthcare organizations to non-profit, government, corporate, and community settings.
In 2020, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicted the field to grow 17% through 2030, which is considered "much faster than average."