How to Apply
Meet HHL Admission Requirements
Choose Program Entry Option
There are two ways that students can choose to enter the HHL program.
Undergraduate + Graduate Path
Students can enroll in an HLA undergraduate online degree completion program with the intention to graduate with the HHL master’s degree.
HLA undergraduate majors will take nine credits at the graduate level that will apply to both degrees and accelerate their HHL program completion.
Graduate Path Only
Students with a four-year undergraduate degree in a related field along with health-, allied health- or healthcare-related professional experience can enroll in the HHL master’s degree.
If You Transfer Credits
Students cannot transfer more than nine credits for consideration if the course(s) meet HHL program objectives and learning outcomes.
Credit for Prior Learning may also be an option for up to than nine credits.
Get Admitted to WSU’s School of Graduate School
Apply to HHL Graduate Program
- Current resume
- Admission essay
- Two professional letters of recommendation
Learn more information about specific requirements for each of the materials above by reviewing HHL Application Requirements below.
HHL Application Requirements
In your admission essay, please address the following:
- Explain why data is important in health care and why healthcare leaders should use data. Use evidence from the literature to support your ideas with APA in-text citations (include an APA reference list at the end of the essay that includes your sources).
- Provide an example of when you have used data in your professional role and what the outcome was.
- Your capstone will involve using data to execute a continuous improvement project at your organization. What are you interested in doing such a project on? Will you have access to data and resources in your organization to execute it?
- What are your career goals post-graduation and how does this degree support you in fulfilling that achievement?
The admission essay must be no longer than three pages (excluding your reference page), double spaced, and in size 11 font.
Two professional recommendation letters
- Reference's professional relationship with applicant
- Reference’s professional role/title
- Examples of applicant’s leadership experiences
- Examples of applicant’s professional writing and communication experiences
- Overall ranking for graduate study