- Reallocation/Change in Classification Request Form
- Current position description
- Memo from Supervisor
- Revised position description using current Classified template
- Organizational Chart
Classified Position Descriptions - (AFSCME, MAPE, MMA, MNA, Managerial Plan) (pdf) - Provides an overview, examples, and FAQs regarding the process of writing a Classified Position Description.
- Classified PD Overview (PDF) - Provides an overview of the PD process as well as commonly used terminology.
- Procedure for a Reclassification Request (PDF) - What exactly is Reclassification? Here it is defined and the procedure provided.
- Reallocation / Change in Classification Request Form (PDF) - If you are requesting a Reallocation or Change in Classification, please complete this form with your supervisor.
- Classified Position Description Form (Word Doc) - Here is the template for a Classified PD.
- Action Word Definitions for Position Descriptions (PDF) - Avoid ambiguity or misunderstanding by referring to these PD Action Words.
- Employee and Supervisor Checklists (PDF) - It is imperative that the employee and supervisor review PDs together for accuracy and shared understanding.
- FAQ (pdf) - Please refer here for some of the more frequently asked questions regarding PDs and the process.
- Job Class Specifications - (MMB Website) - Refer here for a general description of the kind of work performed by employees in each classification.
To assign new ASF positions to a salary range and to review and, where appropriate, change the salary range of an existing positions the following items must be submitted to Human Resources:
Position Description on ASF template
A review of the request cannot begin until all appropriately documented information has been received. If submitted information is incomplete, you will be contacted regarding missing information.
Resources to assist you in the process:
Contact Human Resources if you have questions.