Worldly Warriors Photo Contest
Congratulations to our contest winners and thanks to all who voted! Our Wordly Warriors have been to some wonderful places and took some amazing photos. Check out the winners in our Facebook photo album.
You can see all entries in their respective category albums below.
First place winner in Scenery Photos!
|First place winner in Local Culture Photos!
|First place winner in WSU Spirit Photos!
Photo Contest Details
The photo contest was open to any presently enrolled WSU student, faculty, or staff who has studied or traveled off campus in the past two years. The entire WSU community was invited to vote on submissions to identify first and second place winners in these categories:
- WSU Spirit
- Local Culture
We encouraged submissions that illustrate something unique to the culture/experience. Winning photos tend to be the ones that engage the viewer and draw them in.
All winning photographs are printed in the Photo Contest Calendar for the upcoming year.
Photo Contest Timeline 2017
- Aug. 14 - Aug. 31 – Submissions accepted
- Sept. 1-11 at 12pm – Submissions displayed for voting on the Study Away Facebook page.
- Sept. 12 – Winners announced
Student winners in each category will receive the following prizes:
- First Place: $75 Amazon gift card
- Second Place: $50 Amazon gift card
- Staff Choice: $25 Amazon gift card
The first place faculty/staff winner in each category receive a free International Photo Calendar.
- You must be a Winona State University student, or faculty/staff member.
- You have not submitted these photos in any previous International Programs photo contest.
- All entries were taken in the last two years by you while studying/traveling off-campus and are your property.
- You may submit up to 3 photos each in WSU Spirit, Local Culture and Scenery categories. Click on the submission form links below to submit.
- Please note that submissions will not be considered unless you agree to the permission statement in the form by checking the Permissions box.
Submission Deadline: Aug. 31, 2017
Open voting occurred Sept. 1-11.