Interlibrary Loan During COVID-19
Interlibrary loan for physical materials (i.e. books, DVDs) is currently delayed due to lending library closures/reduced staffed, mail delays, and item quarantines. On average, items are taking 3-4 weeks to arrive at Krueger Library. Please take this into consideration when placing requests for physical items.
If you have a title, author, or other citation information, use the Fetch Item Form to see if we have it available in the library or to request it.
How to Request Items
Books and Videos
Find and request items in libraries worldwide using WorldCat. Look "Request via Interlibrary Loan" and select the "Borrow" button to make a request.
When you are searching in a database, use the "Check for Full Text" button to find full text articles. Follow this step-by-step tutorial on finding full text articles in databases. If you select the Check for Full Text button and no full text is available at WSU, you can request the article from another library:
- In the "How to Get it" section, log in with your StarID and StarID password.
- Select Resource Sharing
- All of the necessary article information will be filled in automatically. Check for accuracy.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Submit Request
- On the next page agree to Copyright. Your request will be submitted.
Blank ILL Form (as a last resort!)
If the steps outlined above do not work, as a last resort, use the blank ILL form to submit requests directly
How to Receive or Pick Up Items
Books and Videos
When your requested item arrives in the library, an automatic email is generated and sent to your WSU email account. The item(s) can be picked up at the Front Desk.
There are two ways you can receive articles from interlibrary loan: an email with an attachment or an email with a link and instructions to download your article.
- A member of the Krueger Library staff or firstname.lastname@example.org may email you with the article attached.
- Minitex (email@example.com) or another library may email you a link with login information. If you receive your article from Minitex, you have a limited time to download your article. It will be removed in 7 days or after 5 viewings. Please download and save it to your device before it is removed.
Troubleshoot, Track & Renew Requests
Wondering where your item is? Check your library record and look at the status of your requests. If the status is:
|ILL. Rejected by partner||None of the libraries in our network can fill the request. Your request will be processed and sent out to libraries within the next business day.|
|ILL. Locate failed||We couldn't automatically find a partner library to fulfill the request. Your request will be processed and sent out to libraries within the next business day.|
|ILL. Request sent to partner||The request has been sent to other libraries, but the item hasn't shipped yet.|
|ILL. Shipped Physically||The item has been shipped from another library.|
|ILL. Physically received by library||The item has arrived at Krueger Library and is ready for you to pick up.|
|ILL. Renewed by partner||The item has been renewed.|
|ILL. Renew request not accepted||Renewal of the item has been declined.|
If the computer will not accept your request for any reason, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information on the material that you are trying to obtain. Interlibrary Loan staff will process your request as quickly as possible.
To track the status of your requests, log into your account and select "My Requests.”
The results will not tell you the status of the item in its postal transit from our library to you, but it will tell you if we have received materials from other libraries, or if your request was rejected. If the computer will not display your requests, email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the information on the material that you are trying to view.
To renew requested items:
- Select "Renew Items" from library homepage
- Log-in with your StarID, then choose your name from the top right corner and select "My Loans." This will bring up a list of the books you have borrowed.
- Click on the box(es) next to the item(s) you wish to renew
- Click “Renew Selected Items” or “Renew all Items”
Policies for Patrons
The Krueger Library's Interlibrary Loan Policies include the following:
- Anyone with a current WSU ID or Krueger Library courtesy card may request items through interlibrary loan.
- Courtesy card holders may request articles through interlibrary loan. These requests are processed on a case-by-case basis upon approval from the Interlibrary Loan office.
- If a Krueger Library item is checked out, we will request the item from another library.
- A lost item is billed at $100.00 or the lending library's charge, whichever is greater.
- If the item requested is not located in a Minnesota library, it will be ordered at the discretion of the Interlibrary Loan office
- Notices are only sent via email. All interlibrary loan articles will be sent via email. All interlibrary loan books and DVDs may be picked up at the Krueger Library Front Desk. If you would like the item mailed to you or would like curbside pick-up, please respond to the On Hold email you receive with your mailing address or a request for curbside pick-up. Note: you are responsible for shipping costs to return the item to the library.
- Krueger Library late return policies apply to interlibrary loan items.
Policies for Borrowing Libraries
The Krueger Library has the following policies in place for borrowing libraries:
- Copyright must be properly acknowledged by borrowing libraries.
- Requests received via Alma (MnPALS), MINITEX, OCLC, Docline, email, and ALA loan forms will be honored.
- Books and videos are loaned for a period of 13 weeks. The borrowing library may renew books if a Winona State University patron has not requested or put a hold on the item.
- Periodicals and uncataloged microform materials are not loaned, with the exception of Federal Depository materials.
- Cataloged microfilm circulates.
- Krueger Library patrons have first priority; items checked out to them will not be recalled for use by a patron of another library.
- Replacement costs for Interlibrary Loan are the current price for the item as determined by the WSU library plus $10.