Music Education Program
With the Winona State University music education degree, students are prepared to become excellent music teachers and leaders in the profession. Students have many opportunities to pursue their own interests and talents both inside and outside the classroom, while developing a solid academic foundation in music and teaching.
- Abundant vocal and instrumental performance opportunities in orchestra, band, chamber ensembles, jazz and as soloists
- Personal attention from music faculty in applied lessons and advising; small class sizes in music theory, music history and music education
- Forums, master classes and workshops featuring music education experts and professionals
- Specialized teacher preparation courses in Winona State’s highly regarded education program
NAfME: National Association for Music Education
NAfME is the world’s largest arts education organization. The Winona State University Collegiate Chapter of NAfME plays a strong role in helping students develop professional interests and skills.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills through activities and leadership positions.
- Attend workshops, performances and industry exhibits at the Minnesota Music Educators Association Annual Midwinter Clinic in Minneapolis.
- Help organize the elementary choral songfest – host, conduct rehearsals, observe and listen to more than 500 area schoolchildren during this annual event.
- Be part of a strong community working together to be future music educators.
Find Out More
We encourage you to visit Winona State to learn more. Meet our faculty and students, see our beautiful campus, tour our state-of-the-art library and experience the wonderful Winona community on the banks of the Mississippi River.
For further information about the Music Education Program, please contact Dr. Aaron Lohmeyer at Aaron.Lohmeyer@winona.edu.