Electric Vehicle Charging
WSU offers two 15.4 kW Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers for student, faculty, staff and the public to use. They are available in clearly marked spaces in Silver Kryzsko Lot 32.
You do not need a parking permit to park in these designated “EV Parking Only” spaces with your electric vehicle to use the charging stations.
Best Practices for EV Charging
Designated parking for EVs only is new to WSU and to many drivers.
Driving an Electric Vehicle is becoming increasingly popular, but not everyone is aware of some common EV courtesies and WSU’s associated parking regulations.
Please abide by the following regulations:
- Designated “EV Parking Only” spaces are for use by plug-in electric vehicles only
- Non plug-in vehicles are not permitted in these spaces at any time
- EVs must be plugged in and charging when parked in these designated spaces
- There is a maximum 4-hour charging limit
- Limit one charging session per EV per day
Vehicles violating these regulations may be tagged and/or towed away at vehicle owner’s expense and risk.
Pricing, Access & Payment
All users will need the ampUp app to access the WSU chargers.
With the ampUp app, you'll be able to access the chargers and pay with a credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
- No cost for registered WSU student users
- $0.10 per kWh for registered faculty/staff users
- $1 flat connection fee plus $0.10 per kWh for public users
Options for Reduced Cost Charging
To receive reduced cost charging, WSU students, faculty, and staff must e-mail their request to Sustainability Director Nathan Engstrom at email@example.com.
Upon submitting your request, you will be enrolled in a defined user group with unique pricing.