Senior Citizen Program
The legislature of the state of Minnesota has provided a way for older adults to continue their lifelong learning at many Minnesota Colleges and Universities. Any Minnesota resident may take courses at reduced tuition rates.
- The individual must provide evidence of MN residency and age (e.g., photocopy of a driver's license or state ID).
- Seniors may enroll when space is available after all tuition-paying students have been accommodated.
- Fees charged:
- If the individual is taking the course for credit, the following fees will be charged per credit: $20.00 administrative fee, Student Union fee. Health Service fee. Students United fee, Technology fee, Parking fee (Rochester campus-based courses only).
- If the individual is taking the course as an audit, the following fees will be charged per credit: Health Service fee, Parking fee (Rochester campus-based courses only).
- The individual should declare auditor status for the course at the time of registration.
- A list of all of the fees and their costs can be found on either Winona Tuition & Fees webpage or the Rochester Tuition & Fees webpage under the Explanation of Fees section.
- Whether a course is taken as an audit or for credit, the individual is responsible for paying any required laboratory, material, or course fees. Fees vary by course.
Senior Citizen's wishing to enroll must apply as an undergraduate guest student and comply with all other registration requirements/prerequisites.
Full details of the statute can be found online.
For more information, contact the Warrior Hub at 507-457-2800 or email@example.com