The Learning Club is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the continuing education of retired people.
It capitalizes on the strengths and characteristics of older learners, offering programs selected, attended and often taught by the membership.
The Learning Club is a great way to meet interesting people, and classes are held during the day at convenient locations throughout Winona.
It's education as it is meant to be: challenging, fun and exciting. Topics are taught by people who love their subject to people whose motivation is simply a love of learning and a desire to stay fresh and vibrant during retirement.
Become a Member
The Learning Club is open to everyone of all levels of formal education. To join, send your membership application (PDF) and $20 membership fee to the WSU Retiree Center.
This annual membership fee allows you to take part in as many classes and special events as you wish. A class fee may be charged for special events involving meals or transportation.
Memberships fees are due each fall and must be paid before you attend your first class.
View the March - April Learning Club Newsletter (PDF) for more details about upcoming classes.
- Feb. 3: Economics or Happiness movie
- Feb. 13: Learning Club Open House
- Feb. 24: Learning Club Council Meeting
- Feb. 24: Winona Community Foundation
- Feb. 25: Mystery Readers Book Club
- March 2: How to Travel Inexpensively
- March 9: What's New in Winona?
- March 16: St. Urho Celebration
- March 23: Real Estate in Winona
- March 24: Mystery Readers Book club
- March 27: Preserving our Fresh Waters
- April 6: This One's for Apple Users
- April 13: Genetics XVI: Atomic Bombs on Japan
- April 20: Giving Sight to the Vision-Impaired
- April 27: Scotland's Sustainability Programs
- April 28: Mystery Readers Book Club
- April 30: Herbal Medicine