Graduate Resident Application Process
1. Complete undergraduate degree by June before summer session begins.
2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, with preference given to those with a 3.00 GPA (includes all post-secondary work).
3. Be eligible for appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure: Elementary Education K-6. Any student who has a criminal record may potentially be unable to obtain licensure.
If a student has questions regarding this please contact the Program Director Dr. Joel Traver at JTraver@winona.edu.
- Completed application form
- Cover Letter
- Student teaching evaluation from your cooperating teacher
- Two GIP recommendation forms from college/university faculty
- Proof of passing Essential Academic Skills Exams (Reading, Writing, and Math), MTLE Pedagogy Tests, and MTLE Content Tests or MN Teaching License
5. Apply to WSU Graduate Application for Admission and pay application fee.
6. Be available for WSU Summer Sessions I and II immediately preceding and following the yearlong practicum.
Completed applications are due by Thursday, March 21, 2019.
Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
Application materials for 2019-2020
Mail completed application materials to:
Graduate Induction Program
3935 Hwy 14 East
Rochester, MN, 55904
You can also email materials to SHPearson@rochester.k12.mn.us or fax to 507.328.4398.