Graduate Resident Application Process
Priority Admission Deadline: Jan. 30, 2020
Standard Admission Deadline: March 19, 2020
1. Complete undergraduate degree by June before summer session begins.
2. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, with preference given to those with a 3.00 GPA (includes all post-secondary work).
3. Be eligible for appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure: Elementary Education K-6. Any student who has a criminal record may potentially be unable to obtain licensure.
If a student has questions regarding this please contact the Program Director Dr. Joel Traver at JTraver@winona.edu.
- Completed application form
- Cover Letter
- Student teaching evaluation from your cooperating teacher
- Two GIP recommendation forms from college/university faculty
- Proof of passing Essential Academic Skills Exams (Reading, Writing, and Math), MTLE Pedagogy Tests, and MTLE Content Tests or MN Teaching License
5. Apply to WSU Graduate Application for Admission.
- Select Summer Term
- Pay application fee
Completed applications are due by Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Finalists will be contacted for an interview.
Mail completed application materials to:
Graduate Induction Program
WSU, Attn: Sue Parks
859 30th Ave SE,
Rochester, MN, 55904
You can also email materials to email@example.com